The Ad were a tribe which lived after Noah. The Ad were very prosperous, however, they were disobedient to God. According to the Qur'an, the Ad were destroyed by God by a violent westerly wind. Muhammad often used the Ad as an example of the fate of those who defy God.
and Hud, al-A`raf
7:65-72; Hud 11:50-60; ash-Shu`ara' 26:123-140; al-Ahqaf
- sins of,
- boasting of,
Ha Min Sajdah 41:15-16
- chieftains of ~ disbelievers,
- denied God's revelations, flouted His messengers and followed
command of their froward potentate (YA: rejected signs, disobeyed
apostles, followed trangressors),
- denied God's messengers (YA: treated prophets' missions as
false, rejects apostles),
al-Hajj 22:42; ash-Shu`ara' 26:123
- disbelieved in judgement to come,
- rejected warnings (YA: Truth),
- said that Hud came with no clear proof (YA: sign),
- judgment on,
messengers to them came with proofs (YA: signs), at-Taubah
debarred them from the Way, al-`Ankabut
saved by a mercy (YA: Grace) from Us, Hud
the tribe of, at-Taubah
9:70; Ibrahim 14:9; al-Furqan 25:38; al-Fajr 89:6.
Sad 38:12; Qaf 50:13; an-Najm 53:50.
Go Back to Main Index